If you like to do more with your SUV than drive down tame roads, you’ll want to know the difference between the Toyota RAV4 Adventure vs. TRD Off-Road models. These two RAV4 SUVs share many similarities, but the differences are what you need to focus on.
In this guide, I cover all the key differences and show you how much you can expect to pay. I also help you decide which one is best for your lifestyle and needs.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my website.
As you look at the exterior measurements of the Adventure and TRD Off-Road, there are several similarities. Consider these dimensions.
- Wheelbase: 105.9”
- Overall length/width: 181.5”/73.4”
- Height: 68.6”
- Track (front/rear): 62.6”/63.3”
Because you want to customize your SUV to fit your needs, it’s important to evaluate the possible Toyota RAV4 colors. Three colors are available with both trims. These include the following:
- Ice Cap
- Midnight Black Metallic
- Ruby Flare Pearl
Aside from those, you can choose these three colors:
- Lunar Rock (Adventure)
- Calvary Blue (TRD Off-Road)
- Magnetic Rock Metallic (TRD Off-Road)
Additionally, there are many exterior features similar between the trims. Consider these features:
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Integrated rear spoiler
- Privacy glass
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
- Raised black roof rails
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Intermittent rear window wiper
- LED taillights
- Integrated LED fog lights
The wheels on both models are different, with the following specs:
- 19” 5-spoke Matte Gray alloy wheels (Adventure)
- 18” 6-spoke Matte Black TRD alloy wheels with black lug nuts (TRD Off-Road)
Additionally, here are a few exterior differences with the TRD Off-Road trim to keep in mind.
- Height-adjustable power liftgate
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Red-painted shock absorber
The final important difference is the badging. With the TRD Off-Road trim, you get the Black RAV4 and TRD Off-Road badging, while the Adventure model has the Black RAV4 and Adventure badging.
The Adventure and TRD Off-Road cabins are similar in dimension. Here are the measurements to know.
- Seating capacity: 5
- Cargo volume (front/rear): 69.8 cubic feet/37.6 cubic feet
- Cargo length behind rear seat: 40.0”
- Cargo minimum/maximum width: 39.4”/59.0”
- Cargo minimum/maximum height: 34.5”/36.6”
- EPA interior volume: 136.4 cubic feet
- EPA passenger volume: 98.9 cubic feet
- Headroom with moonroof: 37.7”/39.5”
- Legroom: 41.0”/37.8”
- Shoulder room: 57.8”/56.4”
- Hip room: 54.3”/47.7”
I also want to show you the RAV4 Adventure interior colors versus the RAV4 TRD Off-Road interior colors. There’s only one difference between the two.
- Black SofTex (Adventure & TRD Off-Road)
- Mocha SofTex (Adventure)
When it comes to comfort features, neither RAV4 lacks anything you desire. Here are some features that come with both RAV4s:
- Rear liftgate window defogger
- 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat (lumbar support)
- 4-way front passenger seat
- Height-adjustable rear cargo area deck board
- Tonneau cover for cargo area
- Cargo area deckside-mounted storage net
- 4 cup holders
- Four bottle holders
- Power windows
- 60/40-split fold-flat rear seat
- Leather-trimmed shift lever
- Day/night rearview mirror
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system with front vent flow controls
Among the differences, the accent color of each stands out. Adventure models have orange accents, while the TRD Off-Road has red accents. Additionally, TRD Off-Road models include TRD all-weather floor mats and a cargo liner.
Safety and Technology Differences
I understand the importance of knowing what technology is included in the RAV4. You want to make sure you have everything that’s important to you. Here’s what’s included in both the Adventure and TRD Off-Road models.
- Two 12V/120W auxiliary power outlets (1 in front, 1 in rear)
- Five USB ports
- Digital speedometer
- Wireless Apple CarPlay®
- Android Auto™
- 6-speaker stereo system
- 7” digital Multi-Information
The biggest difference between the two is the Audio Multimedia display, which is 8” with the Adventure and 10.5” with the TRD Off-Road.
Further looking at safety equipment, these are the similarities:
- Eight airbags
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Backup camera, including dynamic gridlines
- Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)
With both models, you also receive the Star Safety System™. This special package includes the following:
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology® (SST)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
All RAV4s are known for high safety ratings. These exceptional scores can be attributed to the Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5 (TSS 2.5) technology, which includes these aspects:
- Pre-Collision System w/ Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/ PD)
- Lane Departure Alert w/ Steering Assist (LDA w/ SA)
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Road Sign Assist (RSA)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
Price and Value
After the 2023 RAV4 price increases, I expected to see a massive change, but the prices still remain reasonable for what you get. Here are the latest MSRPs.
- Adventure: $33,770
- TRD Off-Road: $37,195
That’s a difference of $3,425 between the two models. Because there’s such a price difference, evaluating if the cost is worth it is essential.
Here are some of the top highlights you need to consider.
- 19” 5-spoke Matte Gray alloy vs. 18” 6-spoke Matte Black TRD alloy wheels
- 8” vs. 10.5” Audio Multimedia display
- Height-adjustable power liftgate (TRD Off-Road)
- Power tilt/slide moonroof (TRD Off-Road)
- Red-painted shock absorber (TRD Off-Road)
Anything else that’s different doesn’t significantly impact the price.
Should You Buy the RAV4 Adventure or TRD Off-Road?
Both of these RAV4s come standard with all-wheel drive, increasing the capability over some of the other models. As far as performance is concerned, there aren’t a lot of differences worth discussing. For the most part, the price difference comes down to the options discussed above.
If these additional features are ones that you want, it makes sense to pay a little extra for them. On the flip side, you can save a good amount of money if you don’t care about those things.
My recommendation is to test drive both models at your local dealership. When you compare them side-by-side, you can determine which one suits you better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gear Up For Some Excitement
It’s difficult to choose between the RAV4 Adventure and TRD Off-Road models. You can’t go wrong with either, especially if you want standard all-wheel drive and a superior style.
Look through my guide to see what differences matter to you. With the side-by-side evaluation, you should be able to determine which RAV4 is better for your next on- or off-road quest.
Visit my shop to see the most popular modifications and accessories for the Toyota RAV4.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for supporting my website.