As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website.
If you plan to purchase a new RAV4 Prime, you may want to know what options are available and what fits your lifestyle the best. One of the most coveted options is the Toyota RAV4 Prime Premium Package, but what does it include?
In this guide, I break down everything that’s included in the RAV4 Prime Premium Package and what it costs.
What Does the Premium Package Include?
The new RAV4 Premium Package has plenty of high-tech features, along with some comfort amenities and safety equipment that keeps you protected. Here are some features worth mentioning.
- 10” color Head Up Display (HUD) with speedometer
- The navigation system includes a Hybrid with a 360-degree Overhead View in Reverse and Low-Speed Drive, along with Curb View
- SofTex-trimmed seats complete with sporty red accents and stitching
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear outboard seats
- 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with two-position memory function
- 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket
- Digital rearview mirror with HomeLink universal transceiver
- Smart Key System for all doors
- One 120V/1500W AC power outlet in the cargo hold
- Height-adjustable foot-activated power liftgate with jam protection
- Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB)
This Premium Package also comes with the Weather Package. With this add-on, you get the heated leather-trimmed steering wheel. It also includes rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with the de-icer function. This Weather Package ensures you are ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at you.
Which RAV4 Primes Can Be Equipped With the Premium Package?
The Premium Package is an additional add-on to the RAV4 Prime, but it isn’t available on both trim levels.
The RAV4 Prime XSE is the only trim compatible with the Premium Package. You can’t add the Premium Package to an SE model.
Additionally, it can only be added with a Black SofTex interior. If you are choosing one of the other Toyota RAV4 Prime interior colors, such as the Black Mixed Media, you won’t be able to add the Premium Package.
How Much Does the RAV4 Prime’s Premium Package Cost?
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 starts at $42,340. This price doesn’t include the cost of the Premium Package, along with other upgrades.
To add the Premium Package to your RAV4 Prime, you may spend another $2,960. However, this price varies based on your location.
Additionally, you may have to spend more just to get a new RAV4 Prime. The RAV4 Prime availability is bleak in some regions and may require paying over MSRP.
Is the RAV4 Prime Premium Package Worth It?
It would be impossible for me to decide whether or not you should pay for this RAV4 Package. I don’t know your needs, nor do I understand your budget.
With that in mind, there are some questions I could ask to help you figure out if the Premium Package is right for you.
- Do you have the money in your budget for the added Package and features?
- Will you use the features listed in the Package, or will they go to waste?
- Do these features benefit your life or make driving more enjoyable for you?
- If you didn’t have the features in this Package, would you miss them?
You may have already figured out your answer based on these questions above.
If you have the money to spend and the features will benefit you, then I recommend going for it. With everything included in the Package, I think it’s a great deal.
On the other hand, if money is tight and you don’t feel like you need the features, there’s no reason to add the Package. You won’t miss anything that’s a must-have, and you’ll still enjoy the many benefits of driving a RAV4 Prime.
Keep in mind that the federal EV tax credit is no longer available for the RAV4 Prime, so you’ll want to consider that during your budgeting.
What RAV4 Prime Will You Get Your Hands On?
With so much difficulty finding the RAV4 Prime, it may not be possible to order one with the Premium Package. Availability differs from region to region, so I recommend making some phone calls to local dealerships.
If you find a RAV4 Prime without this package, you may prefer to jump on it. Otherwise, someone else is sure to snag it.
You could also wait a few years until availability is better and you have more of a selection. I believe once the bZ4X is released, RAV4 Prime availability will increase. In the meantime, you could still drive a new RAV4 or RAV4 Hybrid with just as many fun features.