As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website.
Whether you want to reduce the number of UV rays coming through your SUV or you desire more privacy, a window tint solves many problems. If the factory tint isn’t enough, other options exist.
In this comprehensive Toyota RAV4 tinting guide, I cover the basics of factory tint. I also evaluate the average RAV4 window tint cost, so there are no surprises. With this information, it’s easy to create the RAV4 you desire.
Toyota RAV4 Tinted Windows
It appears that the Toyota RAV4 comes with its rear windows tinted from the factory. After all, the rear windows are darker than the front. However, that isn’t tinted film on the windows, but dyed glass. This construction may reduce the sun’s glare and add a small amount of privacy, but it doesn’t offer UV protection as tint film does.
With a new RAV4, it makes sense to tint the front windows to at least match the hue of the rear. Additionally, it may be worth darkening the rear windows further if allowed by local laws.
Here are a few benefits of window tint to consider.
- Protects car interior from UV rays
- Protects skin from UV damage
- Reduces glare
- Adds privacy
- Reduces heat in the cabin
- Protects from shattered glass during an accident
- Adds sleek appearance
When it comes time to get the tint done, there are several options available. Depending on your skill level and how much time you have to invest, here are the installation options:
- Pay a friend
- Visit a local tint shop
- Schedule with Toyota dealership
To get the job done right, it’s best to pay a professional. While it’s wise to take your RAV4 to the dealership for many services, tinting isn’t one of them. A local tint shop has more experience and won’t charge you as much. That’s why I don’t recommend the dealership for this job, although it is still an option.
Toyota RAV4 Window Tint Cost
What does the average RAV4 window tint cost? While there are several factors involved, here are some of the averages.
- Estimated $150-250 for just the front windows
- Estimated $250-500 for all windows
I recommend getting several quotes from competing tint shops to gauge the prices in your region. Here are a few factors that affect the cost of RAV4 window tint.
- Hourly Rate: Labor rates vary by technician experience and region. Work done in a busy urban area is normally more expensive than that in a rural setting.
- Tint Film Quality: Choosing a brand name tint costs more but it also lasts longer and looks better. It may not be necessary to choose OEM tint, but a reputable brand is a must.
- Construction: Tint is created with varying materials. Ceramic window tint is the most expensive, but it absorbs twice as much heat as hybrid or dyed window tint.
- Tint Percentage: Prices vary based on how dark the tint is.
Call local tint shops to see if any are running specials that save more money. Additionally, if you get multiple services performed at once, it may be possible to get a package deal. It never hurts to ask.
Frequently Asked Questions About Toyota RAV4 Window Tinting
Choosing the Best RAV4 Window Tint
Window tint is no different from other auto parts and accessories. You get what you pay for. That’s why it’s important to choose a high-quality tint and pick a qualified shop for installation.
It doesn’t make sense to spend the money on tint only to have it look bad or start peeling after a year. Instead, invest a little extra for a quality job you can be proud of.